5/8/07

"A Day in the Life Of?" by Zoe K.





"I did this project on a day right after a big snow storm. Since we were
stuck at home - all of the roads were too snowy to drive on - my mom spent a
lot of time catching up on some everyday chores and small jobs around the
house. I photographed all of the objects right after my mom stopped using
them or stepped out of the room. I liked this project because it gave me a
chance to try and take interesting photos of things as I found them. It was
a nice change; with one exception, all of my photographs so far have been
staged. I also recently read about a French photographer, installation and
conceptual artist named Sophie Calle who has done a bunch of things like
follow strangers around, secretly photographing them and writing about her
experience. I thought this was a really neat idea, and this project let me
take my own spin on it.”