6/10/10

Running Thoughts by Mackenzie C.


This is a photograph I took of my best friend at a track meet. I always enjoy taking pictures of people. My favorite thing about photography is the fact that you can capture a specific moment in time and immortalize it.  When I take pictures of people, it is always a particular memory that can never be duplicated or replaced. It will never happen the exact same way twice. Her expression, her clothing, the location, the lighting, is all unique to this one particular moment and therefore it is unique and special. I feel like this picture depicts a story, from the thoughtful look on her face, to the open bag laying in the background, to the fact she is laying in the long grass in the sun. This picture is meaningful to me because the subject is someone I care about and while it took a while for me to develop a good print, I think that this picture has a strong composition, good exposure, and it is one of my favorite pieces that i have produced this year.